Cogito Ergo Sum

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ok, first and foremost, today is a VERY VELA day. I am also going through the one of the most unbelievable mood swings. This is the second post for the day *i need consultation, give me the number of a decent psychiatrist somebody*

I have never felt this anxious in my life. Most of my friends are working and although they are complaining about the tortuous training sessions they need to sit through and the work they have to do (save A who gets to research on civilizations), I'm certain its better than this homeo-stasis that I cant extricate myself from. Serves me right. Acting all pricey by not sitting for corporate placements! Miss I'm going off for a phd!

My girlfriends seem to have absolutely no regard for the fact that I'm still single and keep raving about how good it feels to have a settled life. You just end up feeling like a freak when they celebrate their monthly anniversaries and plan their lives so that it may be convenient for "the both of them". Sigh. Sweet stuff. Very annyoing too. I could still enjoy my singlehood if I'm not constantly reminded about happy couples.

I just need "ooh-oo child" to be sung to me. Or maybe I want to sing "you oughta know" under somebody's window. Has anybody wronged me?

12 Comments:

  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger AJ said…

    You sound like Bridget Jones!!

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger AJ said…

    Why don't u try writing one of those chick-lit things...u seem to be good at tht whole depressed existential sorrow bit...maybe u cud actually churn out a best-seller!!

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger shruti said…

    thank you, aj. that was very flattering indeed!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger clueless comrades said…

    Tis quite interesting... I rarely meet guys who rave about the benefits of a settled life..

    D

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You seem very well, things look peaceful
    I'm not quite as well, I thought you should know

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger shruti said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello madame! congos for d call frm igidr.....got to know thru ur scraps only!! wen m i gettin my treat? will i b gettin it in bombay now? :P congos n besties shruut! last time i was ur lucky charm, u had got thru the institute....dis time u hav all d luck!go n rock!

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger shruti said…

    D: that is food for thought for another post!

    anon:
    Did you forget about me, Mr. Duplicity
    I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner...

    Don't get me started now...


    Bandar: thank yew! this time they pick only 7 people from the country! and how are things with u?

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "it was a slap on the face"

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger shruti said…

    how quickly i was replaced
    and are u thinking of me...

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Jalap. said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    arre yaar

    better be in your position than sit for all placements yet not get placed and face a break up one after the other...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home